A partial list (in no particular order) of sources I used for the talk I’m giving tomorrow at Duke on neoliberalism and research libraries (I’ll post the talk soon). Enjoy.
- Daniel B. Saunders. Neoliberal Ideology and Public Higher Education in the United States
- Sheila Slaughter & Gary Rhoades. The Neoliberal University.
- Patti Ryan & Lisa Sloniowski. The Public Academic Library: Friction in the Teflon Funnel.
- Henry A. Giroux. Bare Pedagogy and the Scourge of Neoliberalism: Rethinking Higher Education as a Democratic Public Sphere
- Lisa Sloniowski, Mita Williams & Patti Ryan. Grinding the Gears: Academic Librarians and Civic Responsibility.
- Lua Gregory and Shana Higgins, eds. Information Literacy and Social Justice.
- Maura Seale. The Neoliberal Library.
- Jacob Berg. The Adjunctification of Academic Librarianship
- Natalia Cecire. Distributed Knowledge and the Digital, paper given at American Studies Association meetings in November 2013.
Anyone have other relevant readings to suggest?