If you are tired of hearing me brag about our Awesome Library Website, here is a sampling of what others are saying:
Lorcan Dempsey of OCLC does a fantastic job of describing 2 main goals of our site:
- Highlighting Library space as a service
- Providing “full library discovery
Thanks for the excellent and insightful review, Lorcan!
We have also been getting plenty of feedback via our Feedback link/email:
- Kudos to the team. This is an enormous project and your dedication and diligence has produced a vastly superior site that all of us can be proud of and on which our patrons can find what they need.
- New site looks great!
- Subject: The new website… Tell us: …is great!
- I think my first favorite feature of the new site is the single search box, and its common-sense display of results from a variety of sources. Because I’m vain, I just searched some words from the title of my one-and-only academic publication, and loved seeing SearchWorks results alongside site-search results (from my Person page). I can imagine an actual patron doing this with an actual search, and stumbling upon an actual subject specialist with common research interests. Very cool!
- I like it, although I haven’t put it to too much use yet. I look forward to becoming more familiar with its features.
- i love your site
- I actually love a lot about your site – kudos!
- @calfano27: Congrats to all who put together the awesome new Stanford libraries website :) Super shiny
- @pantheon_drupal: That’s one fine lookin’ library site! Congratz to @chapter_three and SULAIR on an amazing launch – http://t.co/z0cwHMze
- @miriamkp: Nice. Nothing extraneous. RT @StanfordLibs: Our new website is live today — check it out and send your feedback: http://t.co/3pGP2Uv8
- @erikoomen: checking the new Stanford Universitiy Library website http://t.co/7EtqSk92 #nicework #goodpractice
- @ccthompson: I love the Stanford University website. happily taking notes on the user interface! http://library.stanford.edu
- Plus loads of tweets and Re-Tweets linking to the new homepage and/or to specific pages within the new site, including tweets in Japanese, French, and Spanish.
Here’s one of my favorite new links from the new website: Places to study – http://library.stanford.edu/using/study Brilliant idea to include this!