Ok folks, March Madness is here, so it is time to revive the Mad Librarians bracket groups. This year’s Mad Librarians bracket challenges will be super awesome, because the good folks at Gone Reading have agreed to donate one of their cool T-Shirts for the overall winners of each challenge.
So, here’s how it works:
- Despite the names of the groups, you need not be a librarian (mad or otherwise) to join. All are welcome. In fact, please invite your friends, your co-workers, and your friendly co-workers.
- There are 2 groups, one for the regular tournament, and one for the Men’s tournament (see what I did there?).
- To enter a bracket in the regular tournament, join Mad Librarians. You will have to sign up for a free ESPN account if you don’t already have one.
- To enter a bracket in the Men’s tournament, join Mad Librarians (Men’s).
- You can join the groups immediately, then go back and fill in your brackets once the fields have been announced. ESPN will have live coverage of the selection show Monday at 5pm PST on ESPN. CBS will air the Men’s selection show at 3pm PST on Sunday.
- In addition to the admiration of the entire Feral Librarian blog community and bragging rights for the year, the winners of each challenge will receive a T-shirt courtesy of the good folks at Gone Reading.
- Trash-talking in the comments is highly encouraged, as is posting your Final Four and Championship picks in the comments once your brackets are completed.
You should all know that this is the year my Stanford Women and my Duke men will win it all. Of course, I predict that every year … but I have been half right several times.