The Beloit Mindset list for the class of 2014 includes these gems:
7. “Caramel macchiato” and “venti half-caf vanilla latte” have always been street corner lingo.
8. With increasing numbers of ramps, Braille signs, and handicapped parking spaces, the world has always been trying harder to accommodate people with disabilities.
10. Entering college this fall in a country where a quarter of young people under 18 have at least one immigrant parent, they aren’t afraid of immigration…unless it involves “real” aliens from another planet.
15. Colorful lapel ribbons have always been worn to indicate support for a cause.
39. Pizza jockeys from Domino’s have never killed themselves to get your pizza there in under 30 minutes.
40. There have always been HIV positive athletes in the Olympics.
62. Having hundreds of cable channels but nothing to watch has always been routine.
This year’s list seems to have more social justice related items than prior lists, but fewer items directly related to information and education than the class of 2013 list.