Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- Found Peets on campus. Achievement unlocked #mit 1 hour ago
- @authcontroller nah. It's the ties;-) 1 hour ago
- @authcontroller after 5pm, I can't do anything that requires complex thought. ... so that's when I tweet the most ;-) 1 hour ago
- I've been a morning person since the Army; but still feels like revelation every time I get in a little early then crank through stuff 1 hour ago
- @jvinopal your unquestioning love of the secret thing is why you are part of it! @xnmpp 2 hours ago