Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- @jvinopal or "men" 1 hour ago
- @ruthbrarian I'm also a advocate of (and practitioner of) "stealth mentoring", in that ppl mentor me but they don't know it 2 hours ago
- This thread. twitter.com/jessienyc/stat… 2 hours ago
- Also, perhaps ironically, I've found people who give too much unsolicited advice to be annoying AF as mentors 2 hours ago
- Which requires authenticity all around. #acrl2017 2 hours ago