Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- Brattle Street (Cambridge, Massachusetts) - Or as Jiffy and I call it - morning walk. Love where I live en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brattle_S… 4 hours ago
- @skalibrarian @radicalibrarian kind = libraries and lies = libraries 8 hours ago
- @kristiholmes Bibliotech by John Palfrey 19 hours ago
- Footnotes & data for some claims, bupkis for others. No data for some claims or are we to assume they are common knowledge? #Bibliotech 19 hours ago
- @scasburn_life meh is too mild for some of my thoughts ;-) 20 hours ago