Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- If she was bullied for being straight (or any other reason), that sucks. But hard to take seriously w claim that 98… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- Found the local coffee shop & local paper. Laconia NH https://t.co/5G8upvUhDl 5 hours ago
- I was so fortunate to meet Millie last year. Brilliant woman. twitter.com/MIT/status/834… 10 hours ago
- RT @MIT_AMITA: Save the date: March 8, 2017 International Women's Day, AMITA speaker Andrea Silbert in Cambridge, details to follow 10 hours ago
- There's a dating app that matches people on things they both hate. How long until SNL has sketch of couple called The Haters? 10 hours ago