Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- #DailyJiffy "what do you mean you leave again on Tuesday?" https://t.co/iO92BwP786 43 minutes ago
- @melissa_hubbard @BergisJules not really. I do think that is a convo we need to have. That and the convo about who does the work 2 hours ago
- @phoebe_ayers this is where richer metadata (reviews, etc.) can be very useful. @karencoyle 2 hours ago
- @karencoyle but that maybe didn't come through as clearly in earlier thread. 2 hours ago
- @karencoyle the folks who worry about social justice agenda don't seem to worry about the hidden agenda of "neutrality" and harm it does 2 hours ago