Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- Thread twitter.com/reignofapril/s… 42 minutes ago
- Strangers commenting on my FB pages to make sure I know they don't care and we should get over it & stop whining. Bless their hearts 1 hour ago
- RT @mlhodge: "Funding matters, but so do our values, our patrons, our souls. Can we be bought off?" Eloquently said, @ThatAndromeda #alacou… 2 hours ago
- RT @mlhodge: "I do not want an organization willing to sell its soul for scraps at the federal table" @TheLiB #alacouncil #alamw17 2 hours ago
- RT @eclasper: Saying so much of what I've been thinking! @AprilHathcock #alamw17 #alacouncil 2 hours ago