Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- "The Maginot Paywall" #stanfordblogs #feedly blog.dshr.org/2015/04/the-ma… 4 hours ago
- Nice display of @mitpress titles at Harvard bookstore http://t.co/k9lNqockjX 4 hours ago
- @RachelMFleming I had afternoon vanilla latte. Hot, brown, strong, & sweet. Like my wife. 10 hours ago
- @tararobertson so many inappropriate responses. 10 hours ago
- Look what came in the mail today! It pays to have friends in Duke places. http://t.co/vg2M1YAgjL 10 hours ago