Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- RT @socarxiv: SocArXiv launches, brings sociology and social science into the open, with new grant support socopen.org/2016/12/07/soc… 3 hours ago
- @LizanneP yeah. I think he and Laurence are clear top 2 6 hours ago
- this totally resonates. And for me, the easy answer is no. twitter.com/MrSexsmith/sta… 6 hours ago
- @chrpr we're trying. 6 hours ago
- this looks way gayer than it is. twitter.com/randal_olson/s… 6 hours ago