Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- RT @dancohen: 1. Great piece by Ellen Finnie & Greg Eow w/ a vision of a healthy, nonprofit ecosystem of open access scholarship: https://t… 33 minutes ago
- RT @sshreeves: I was glad to endorse this post. An important response to Elsevier and UF's repository pilot. twitter.com/IOIntheOpen/st… 33 minutes ago
- @UFScholComm understood 1 hour ago
- RT @MIT_ISTnews: Who knew? #MIT2016 twitter.com/MIT_alumni/sta… 1 hour ago
- RT @klsmith4906: Beware the Trojan Horse: Elsevier’s repository pilot and our vision for IRs & Open Access: By IO blogger Elle... https://t… 1 hour ago