Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- #DailyJiffy he looks cute, but he's really just plotting which shoe to hide somewhere in the house while we're gone https://t.co/bHwatz3bvS 7 hours ago
- But ya know, just bec data show men post more doesn't mean men post more. Let us men explain why... 20 hours ago
- RT @Olivianuzzi: Isn't this everyday? https://t.co/bF2A1xFpN1 21 hours ago
- Tons of evidence in wide variety of settings = men talk & interrupt more, & silence women. But who knows, maybe this listserv is special 21 hours ago
- of course 1 of the 1st responses to data showing men post at disproportionately high rates on listserv is long post from a man. 21 hours ago