Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- @Fobettarh exactly 52 minutes ago
- RT @Fobettarh: @mchris4duke A bunch of linguists need to come up with a word that means "disappointed and angry, but not surprised." 53 minutes ago
- @jwhyteappleby Would be fun to get #ROIThat trending w/ some good examples 1 hour ago
- the # of ppl splaining to my assistant how she could be more comfortable doing something other than what she is doing to be more comfortable 1 hour ago
- RT @nathanadkisson: Poll: How do you name files? Here's how Stanford recommends: library.stanford.edu/research/data-… 1 hour ago