Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- "asa council decides on gender categories" good stuff feedly.com/e/VklYgUZE 55 minutes ago
- RT @cathyaster: @vielmetti your awesome tweet reminded me @mchris4duke gotta add to my grandma chops, retired USNR cryptologic officer here… 1 hour ago
- RT @JMarkOckerbloom: @leeflower @mchris4duke @DreamtimeDrinne So easy even a White House cybersecurity coordinator could do it? http://t.co… 3 hours ago
- RT @leeflower: @DreamtimeDrinne @mchris4duke "so easy, your boss could do it." 3 hours ago
- RT @DreamtimeDrinne: @mchris4duke @leeflower also CEO has been much more accurate in my personal experience. 3 hours ago