Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- RT @tressiemcphd: So many of the highly educated black women you see went to hell and back before reaching the age of 18. http://t.co/xpgD… 2 hours ago
- RT @Salon: A black girl's constant fear: Why I thought I'd never live to see 33 slnm.us/OfPuR2k via @professorcrunk 2 hours ago
- @jillian6475 Thx!! 2 hours ago
- <3 <3 RT @nnschiller: @mchris4duke Saw this, thought of you: tmblr.co/Z7JSKp1D9kCp8 3 hours ago
- It is reassuring to look over my past writing and see reasonably coherent themes emerge. Post hoc themes , but themes none the less. 4 hours ago