Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- Someone is hoping he ends up in the suitcase http://t.co/EgI4TjK2Ki 1 hour ago
- And yes, I know I should have paid attention to these details before the night before we leave. But what's the fun in being prepared? 2 hours ago
- Also, our hotel has free Japanese lessons in the lobby every evening. That is subarashii 2 hours ago
- Our hotel in Kyoto has coin laundry room. Packing just got a whole lot easier. 3 hours ago
- I thought y'all were kidding about the whole Carrie Underwood is going to do a remake of sound of music thing 4 hours ago