Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- @lisalibrarian @awhitis Exactly why we are doing Taiga round tables at ER&L. 1 hour ago
- @lisalibrarian less useful for me. I get more out of detailed convos w attribution than aggregate @awhitis 1 hour ago
- @lisalibrarian thx @awhitis 2 hours ago
- @awhitis how useful is the report to you? What do you expect to use results for? 2 hours ago
- RT @brontyman: When women and men pitch identical ideas, women get less funding from venture capitalists po.st/JOohuK via @Smiths… 3 hours ago