Over at hangingtogether, Ricky Erway admits to reading the entire Google Books Settlement agreement (including appendices) and has kindly produced a very clear distillation of the Impact of the Google Book Settlement on Libraries (pdf). If you want to understand the basics of what is allowed (and not allowed) by the settlement, and how it impacts libraries and patrons, but don’t want to read the whole settlement document (over 300 pages, with appendices), then read Erway’s distallation.
- RT @annkillion: C'mon people. Not like AT&T prices are a bargain & WS is the WS. Lots of you sold your tix to pay your property tax. Fess u… 6 hours ago
- @hannahgr22 makes a great story. 6 hours ago
- @tressiemcphd I knew I could count on you 8 hours ago
- If you see a news story abt an unruly dyke who wouldn't turn off her ph on flight to SFO bec Giants down 1-0 in the 4th ... Send bail money 8 hours ago
- RT @kellymce: Heck yeah: @imlaurie suggests a conference about how libraries both dismantle AND enable systems of oppression. #acrlorwa14 8 hours ago